What is Community Participation / Community Access in the NDIS?
It is a funded support category that you will find in your NDIS plan, under Core Supports.
This category of funding covers the support NDIS participants need to meet goals relating to participating in community, social or recreational activities.
Family Care Australia support workers are available 24/7 to support you in terms of:
- Attend personal development courses such as art classes, sports coaching and similar activities that build skills and independence.
- Join a social group, go to community events, and visit your local library.
- Take an outing for a movie or a concert and organise a holiday plan and pay for camps, classes, and vacation activities.
How can Family care Australia help NDIS participants with social and community participation?
Services provided by Family Care Australian help participants with :
- Person-centered planning to identify goals, interests and needs of an individual. This is often done in partnership with family, friends, or others from the individual’s circle of support. The focus is on meaningful participation, not just finding available services or resources.
- Skilled individualised supports using strategies like active support and positive behaviour support. These help people to have genuine interactions in the community.
- Support from someone who is trained to link people who are socially isolated to relevant activities and groups in the community.