What is Assistance in Travel in the NDIS?
Family Care Australia promotes and assists our participants in gaining greater independence and connecting with the community so they can enjoy stress-free life. Our caregivers are qualified and trained to provide a variety of travel and transportation services in your community. We assist our participants to build the capacity to independently travel.
NDIS participants can request for a plan of transport assistance if they cannot use public transport and need assistance to travel with support workers due to extreme functional impairment or very high support needs.
Transport supports include personal transport-related aids and equipment, or training to use public transport. These supports may also include the reasonable and necessary costs of taxis or other private transport options.
How can Family Care Australia help you in travelling?
We understand how important travelling is in our day to day life activities as it is a large part of maintaining your sense of independence and lifestyle.
Family Care Australia team helps you in the followings ways:
- Taking you to your medical appointments with a GP or a physiotherapist.
- Helping you get your grocery shopping.
- Assistance with going to work, shopping centres.
- Support you to catch up with friends and family members.
- Coordinating special vehicles to support your needs.
- Visiting the local park or library.